UOIT offers a bridge program (known as bridge+2) from certain three-year Ontario college technology diplomas into the Bachelor of Applied Science in Nuclear Power.
UOIT designed this program to meet a significant demand in the nuclear power industry for graduates with strong practical experience, technical knowledge and management skills. If you are a college graduate, this program will provide you with:
- An understanding of the principles and applications of nuclear power technology;
- The ability to think independently;
- A systematic approach to problem solving; and
- Skills in teamwork and collaboration.
Included in the program are courses such as:
- Introduction to Operations Management;
- Introduction to Project Management and Supply Chain Management;
- Nuclear Plant Operation and Safety;
- Nuclear Plant Electric and Auxiliary Systems;
- Nuclear Plant Steam Utilization Systems;
- Nuclear Steam Supply Systems;
- Radioactive Waste Management; and
- Reactor Instrumentation and Control.