Here for student every step of the way
At UOIT, we know that success is always a team effort. Our commitment to your success includes a range of services backed by our friendly, knowledgeable and caring staff.
FESNS provides a number of services that are designed to ensure your success, including academic advising, learning support and career and professional planning. Through your academic advisor, you have access to many personalized services that will help you make choices in support of your academic and personal achievement.
Your academic advisor is your main contact within FESNS and is available to help, support and encourage you as needed.
Kerry Morrison BA, MEd
Senior Academic Advisor
Office: ERC 4033
Robin Secord BA
Office: ERC 4033
FESNS Academic Advising Office Hours:
Monday to Friday
9:30-noon and 1-3:30pm
(subject to change without notice)
Alternatively, contact FESNSadvising@uoit.ca to book an appointment.
Academic Advisors can help you with:
- Addressing academic difficulties.
- Addressing questions and concerns related to academic and personal life on campus.
- Assessing and discussing academic progress and standing.
- Assisting in the selection of appropriate classes (especially if you miss or fail a course).
- Connecting you with campus services for additional assistance.
- Establishing realistic educational goals and future planning.
- Interpreting academic policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance for successful progression towards graduation.
- Understanding your GPA.
- Withdrawing from, adding or dropping courses.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns related to student life, whether academic or personal. Stop by during our drop-in hours or contact us to book an appointment. We are here to help you!
The university has many support services in place for students, including:
- Academic Success Centre
- Campus Health Centre
- Career Services
- Services for students with disabilities